Thanks for the replies all!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Where are you based? My paint and body man has done this on various E46’s. Cost really can only be quantified upon inspection.

Regards
Andy
I'm based in Clare at the moment actually, but if anyone has recommendations for anywhere around Shannon, Limerick, even Galway, etc, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
Front wing is probably cheaper to just replace. You can get repair panels for the rear arches, not certain on the sills but they’re less of an issue since they’ll be covered with the plastic trim. With that much welding being done you’re not far off a full respray. I wouldn’t expect any change from €3k.
I was thinking replacing the front wing would be the simplest option for the front (thankfully just one side seems to be bad on the front), but the rears and sills would likely require the more substantial work. That figure is about what I was expecting...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanmcgrath40 View Post
Definitely better off replacing the front wings at least you'll know they won't have to be touched again. for the rest probably cut out the offending area depending on how bad they are and weld in new bits.

I had a similar job done to my e34 a couple years ago. I got two new front wings, front and rear bumper sprayed, rear arches, rear sills and jacking points welded and sprayed. My car is black so I didn't get the whole car sprayed as its easier to match a darker colour and he got it spot on. It cost me 1100 not including the price of the wings. But I paid cash and I knew the fella, so you might have to double that price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks, my e46 is black too so that's helpful at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
€20K - it's the Haus way.....

You'd want to really love your 318Ci to throw €3k of bodywork at it in fairness. Dare I say it, might be time to cut your losses and look at another rust free (6 cylinder !) example ?
I'm fond of it, but "love" might be a stretch

I'm no longer driving my 318Ci having moved on to a car of the M variety recently. But, in a paradoxical way that has almost made me like the 318Ci more than I used to, because I don't have to rely on it as a daily driver I feel like I can enjoy tinkering with it a bit as more of a hobby. I hear what you're saying about cutting losses, but I just feel like it would be a shame to let it rust into oblivion. And if I was to choose to put the money towards a new car instead, it would probably be something like an EP3 Type-R