Hi,

I'd be grateful for any thoughts/experiences from more knowledgeable folk on this.

I bought my F82 from an independent dealer, but because it has a full BMW service history and the factory warranty expired less than 6 months ago (before I bought the car), I've been told it's still possible for me to buy an AUC warranty for it. However I apparently only have until mid-July to do this, because after that it will be >6 months since the factory warranty expired.

I've been quoted the following:

Comprehensive: €1,895

Named Component: €1,542

DriveLine: €1,036

I don't know much about these warranties or the differences between them and I obviously have to read the detail and do my own research. But does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with these warranties (whether on an F8X or otherwise) and whether they are worth the money? How much more protection do you really get from the more expensive warranties than the cheaper one? I know these cars aren't particularly prone to issues like some other M cars. But at the same time, I don't like the idea that I could lose out on ever getting an AUC warranty again if I don't get one now...

Thanks in advance!