Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted e90 m3

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanmcgrath40 View Post
    lock it up. After telling myself I wasn't going to move on anything but an E90, I fell at the first hurdle but after seeing Tony's E92 M3 in the flesh I knew it was for me, not normally one for bold colours but the Melbourne Red just looks stunning. Credit to Tony and previous owners, going through the service history it looks like it always got what it needed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Congrats on the purchase, I'd highly recommend an Eventuri plenum and primary cat delete for a wall of sound, you get much more of the V8 experience at much lower speeds with pretty much no downsides, there's no drone.

Unless you're on it, it sounds almost stock, you'd have to lose the cold start for the sake of your neighbors though.

Once you hear it, you'll find yourself a few €k lighter, if you're anywhere near Cork, you're welcome to have a listen to mine.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Congrats on the purchase, I'd highly recommend an Eventuri plenum and primary cat delete for a wall of sound, you get much more of the V8 experience at much lower speeds with pretty much no downsides, there's no drone.

Unless you're on it, it sounds almost stock, you'd have to lose the cold start for the sake of your neighbors though.

Once you hear it, you'll find yourself a few €k lighter, if you're anywhere near Cork, you're welcome to have a listen to mine.
    Cheers Dave, I have been watching the evolve videos of the eventuri plenum and the induction sound is amazing alright. I'm not quite sure I could justify the 2k+ at the moment as I'll be getting the rod bearings done first so that's looking like it's going to cost €1900 from the quote I got. I'm living in Douglas so I might take you up on your offer. the only thing, im afraid if I do hear it in the flesh I might be 2k poorer.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanmcgrath40 View Post
    Cheers Dave, I have been watching the evolve videos of the eventuri plenum and the induction sound is amazing alright. I'm not quite sure I could justify the 2k+ at the moment as I'll be getting the rod bearings done first so that's looking like it's going to cost €1900 from the quote I got. I'm living in Douglas so I might take you up on your offer. the only thing, im afraid if I do hear it in the flesh I might be 2k poorer.

You're 10 minutes down the road from me
    It's WAY better in the flesh than in the videos.

Let me know if you want any info re the rod bearings, I had mine done, and covered all the while you're in there's too.

Finbarr in Fionnsport is the guy to do the job.