Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car dilemma

BMWHaus Contributor
    Looks well Rob, send us on the spec / price when you get a chance. Only thing is mileage, ideally I'd want to be selling with under 100K on it, as the Irish market seem to think a car will blow up at 101K

Really liking the look of an RS4 at the mo, Jap won't suit as il be using it partly for work and the Jap stuff I'm into wouldn't really fit the bill.

I don't mind bringing something in from UK, gonna trawl through PH again and see if anything catches my eye.
    Horse power time

BMWHaus Guru
    Mark you've had 2 M3's in the past including a bloody gorgeous CS..I think you need to try out a RS4 IMO..those tourings look epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that a B7 RS4 would be a nice car to go for, just a warning, the performance will be very underwhelming after your Turbo...the sound might make up for it though!!

BMWHaus Contributor
    To be honest I have accepted the fact that whatever I get into is going to feel underwhelming power wise, I drove a B7 RS4 a few years ago and wasn't blown away, during E46 M3 ownership, but right now I'm not after huge speed, quick and good looking will suffice.

The bigger plan will be to get into a 997 Turbo / PDK in a couple of years so il scratch the rocket ship itch again. A nice usable daily / spirited drive will be fine right now.

You driving an RS4 in the fleet at the moment Alex?

Alpinas never appealed to me for some reason. I think it will be between an E46 M3 / B7 RS4 / early E92 M3, preference for the RS at the moment.
    Horse power time

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
    None taken . I'm not selling it, just offering up a left field alternative to the obvious choices. Sometimes in situations like this the hardest thing to do is see beyond the RS/M/AMG options. Looks like a lot of AMG options will stretch beyond the budget mentioned.

Other options in this direction could include Jag XF SV8 or R, Monaro, etc.
    I think that Volvo is class. Ever since my 850R I've had massive respect for fast volvos.

That engine is the same as the one in the Noble M600 if I'm not mistaken.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I think that Volvo is class. Ever since my 850R I've had massive respect for fast volvos.

That engine is the same as the one in the Noble M600 if I'm not mistaken.

Friend of mine has an S60R from new and its over 400bhp. Still one of the fastest cars i've ever been in. Would definitely be a match for an E39 M5. They are very underrated cars.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    Cheers, but I think the Z3M coupe boat has sailed, you need to be spending quite big to get a good decent miler.

I don't want to be going high miler as I will be driving it.

If the budget allowed I would be all over a frozen silver E92 M3, but I think at the moment with VRT @€17,000 for a 2012 M3 with reasonable mileage, it's a non runner.

I think they look great though
    Its a Z4M Coupe not a Z3 that Dergside was suggesting. AFAIK the same engine as the E46 M3 and a hell of a rare car. Couple of very nice ones in the UK too and I agree with the point that they should start appreciating soon. Not as much as the Z3M of course but gradually so that you shouldnt loose much money on one if you keep it for a couple of years. Stick a nice set of BBS wheels on either of these and you have a serious head turner:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-m/5568710?v=c

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...07/5633179?v=c

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I think that Volvo is class.
    OP excepted of course, there's more support for the Volvo than I expected .
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sorry I thought it was a Z3 M coupe mentioned.

The Z4 is lovely looking and I'm sure it's a super car to drive, but I couldn't live with one.

Dergside, apologise I didn't realise you had a Volvo 😁😁 just wouldn't be for me, I'm sure there quick but not my taste.

Been reading up on the B7 RS4 quite a bit and seems to be a lot of talk about being under powered and various other things. Fifth gear done a show comparing it to an E46 M3 CS which was interesting, couldn't help but be drawn to the E46 looks, really are a fun car to own, however I'd probably go down the same road as before and stick wheels and coil overs again, but they look so good with a couple of things done....... FML

It's a tough call.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Horse power time