Thread: Waze

BMWHaus Guru

Waze

Does anyone on here use Waze? Is it any good, especially at alerting you to cops / speed camera vans?

I know someone who uses it in the US and it seems great there as there's lots of users but I wonder if there are enough here for it to be effective.

It relies a lot on user interaction. It works great in the States as everyone uses it. Was there yesterday and it alerted us to a cop on one of the highways, it wasn't wrong. I've found it to be not as accurate in Ireland as I think most people still use Google maps. May take time to get to where it is in the US.

Great concept which I tried out, but as said, it'll take a lot more users to make it effective in Ireland - especially useful with the hourly smacks on the friggen M50

BMWHaus Contributor
    I use it. Fantastic if everyone used it. Saved my ass once on the m50

Is it any good outside of Dublin? Thanks, MK

There used to be a more localised version, Trapster, which was very popular - but the developers were lethargic. My location kept showing up as Ireland, but I was receiving push notifications from Spain - and they were very poor to troubleshoot.

BMWHaus Guru
    I use it in the US when I am there but the information here is not as plentiful.

BMWHaus Guru
    I used it going from Dublin to Cork today and to be honest it was useless. I suspect though that part of the reason was there was very little to report, no cops on the road at all and no accident or traffic jams.

All it seemed to do was advise me I was over the speed limit most of the time.