Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detailing Recommendations

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sorry for going off topic lads but i was in a Mercedes garage the last day and a unregistered Black C Class sitting in the showroom was covered in swirl marks i have never seen anything like it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    That thought occured to me last night. The car appears to be swirl free (to my eye anyway) so I might just crack open the detailing box at home and use what I have.
    Definitely, if there are no visible swirls at the moment, give it a bash yourself. The paintwork probably has some minor swirling (nothing needing correction), but whatever you apply in terms of a wax or sealant will mask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin46 View Post
    Sorry for going off topic lads but i was in a Mercedes garage the last day and a unregistered Black C Class sitting in the showroom was covered in swirl marks i have never seen anything like it.
    It is shocking how some brand new cars are presented - shouldnt expect it in any dealership, but in a Mercedes garage, its disappointing. The thing is, they'll continue to use the prep and wash methods, as the majority of folk are uneducated in the matter, or assume that its a fact of life that cars are supposed to look that way. So if they continue to sell cars looking like that, they have no need to change their ways!

So who's the recommended detailer? - Elite?

Looking to get the F11 paint corrected and some protection on it.

Cheers,

Sean

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    That thought occured to me last night. The car appears to be swirl free (to my eye anyway) so I might just crack open the detailing box at home and use what I have.
    A good clay bar and coat of wax goes a long way. Not beyond anyone's capabilities aswel.

BMWHaus Contributor
    There is also East Coast Detailing and Mac Led both on Facebook and from what I've seen both excellent. East Coast seems to have relocated to Kilkenny though so may not make sense. Mac Led is in a business park near the airport.

Detailing By Dave is great too but he tends to do brand new cars from M&G along with a few customer cars, my own included a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    There is also East Coast Detailing and Mac Led both on Facebook and from what I've seen both excellent. East Coast seems to have relocated to Kilkenny though so may not make sense. Mac Led is in a business park near the airport.

Detailing By Dave is great too but he tends to do brand new cars from M&G along with a few customer cars, my own included a few times.
    I'm from Kilkenny didnt even know that we have place like East Coast , will give a try with my tt as 1 series is daily bus and daily washed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Can't recommend Elite enough. They seriously know what they're doing, they use the best products, they're really nice guys, and most importantly they're car enthusiasts so it's not "just a job" for them. Try em out and you won't go anywhere else again!