Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the....e63 6 series

BMWHaus Guru
    I have 2 of 'em the baby & the daddy e63. Fantastic cars for the most part. I've done 120,000 miles between them both. Great mile munchers. What do you want to know?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    I fail to see any individual elements on that car though - wheels (not usual Sport spec) seem to be the only slight alteration - and not for the best I may add....
    Individual model in bmw usually only indicates color combo, in this instance the interior, grey with black carpets is quite a rare interior colour for one, which does look fantastic, opposed to the more common cream with cream carpet!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    Individual model in bmw usually only indicates color combo, in this instance the interior, grey with black carpets is quite a rare interior colour for one, which does look fantastic, opposed to the more common cream with cream carpet!
    It has individual wheels too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    This looks like a cracker of a car although way over priced

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...sport/17165629
    It’s been for sale for a good while,too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Sorry guys, what I’m aiming for is a car that is sportier but also as practical as my own e60 530d. Didn’t realise that space was quite so compact at the rear. Guess I’ll test drive a few to be sure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    If you're going down the individual route, you'd think that the original owner would have specced something a little more unique/outstanding than those wheels/paintwork....
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

Love them myself was just about to buy one as my next car until circumstances changed meaning I need a stupid jeep instead.

How come you've ruled out the 645i though? Honestly not that much worse to maintain, run etc than the 30i ( by all accounts) and the only unique issue they seem to have is a poorly placed water pipe that's easily rectified. For the power and more importantly sound, I'd really go for it, the 650i is more powerful again and a tad newer too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCoupe View Post
    Love them myself was just about to buy one as my next car until circumstances changed meaning I need a stupid jeep instead.

How come you've ruled out the 645i though? Honestly not that much worse to maintain, run etc than the 30i ( by all accounts) and the only unique issue they seem to have is a poorly placed water pipe that's easily rectified. For the power and more importantly sound, I'd really go for it, the 650i is more powerful again and a tad newer too.
    I disagree, for my money the only E63's that make sense are the M6 and 630i. M6 cause it's mental and the 630i cause it's a great daily.

The V8's all eventually piss oil out everywhere. They're also prone to valve stem seal failure. The 10mpg difference will be very noticeable if you're doing regular mileage.

It's gonna be easier to insure, the tax difference is negligible but you get screwed on V8 tax if you're taxing it at any other interval other than annually.

I've bought a 3.0 petrol (not a bmw) as a daily and if I split the use 50/50 between it and the M5, the difference in running costs pays for the road tax on the 3.0.

There's no difference in cost between insuring the M5 on my main policy vs insuring the 3.0 on my main policy and the M5 on a classic.

Also, a 645/650 will be almost unsellable when it comes the time to shift it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Guru
    Haven driven all of the E63 models and having to haul two kids around in the back of them at times with all there belongings I’d say keep the E60

Oh btw 635d, only one to buy, keep up with all models (in real life terms) excluding the ///M, cheapest to tax and good on juice. The V8s are a lovely drive but p!ss oil from everything and the 630i probably the best petrol engine.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    Haven driven all of the E63 models and having to haul two kids around in the back of them at times with all there belongings I’d say keep the E60

Oh btw 635d, only one to buy, keep up with all models (in real life terms) excluding the ///M, cheapest to tax and good on juice. The V8s are a lovely drive but p!ss oil from everything and the 630i probably the best petrol engine.

Problem with the 635d is that it's between twice and three times the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro