Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car storage in Cork?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Car storage in Cork?

Quote Originally Posted by E36
    :blush: yes.. yes I am..

If there was no benefit in storing a car in a garage then why do people do it? I don't want it to rust and have things seize and moss grow on it on all that shit! It's too good for that. It's not an M, but doesn't mean it shouldn't be treated right
    That can happen in a garage too!! Worst thing I EVER done for the e36 was not drive it and leave it in the garage!!!!

As for rust, most of them rust from the inside of the arch from mud and crap caught in the arch itself, so jack it up take the wheel off and arch liners and give them a good clean if it worries you Peter

No harm in loving the car but just trying to let you know not to get hung up on a garage space its not needed as much as people think

BMWHaus Guru

Yea parking a car for a long time is bad news! But that's why I start the car, warm it up, and move it once a week Feels so nice to sit in it. I f***** hate golfs :@ well, mk4s anyway.. It feels like the suspension is made of marshmallows, the torque is probably in negative figures and it's generally a miserable drive! And the worst part is there is nothing wrong with it! It's miserable at it's best!

The good news is I should have the car in tip top condition for spring planning to respray the roof, wing and mirrors, as well as sorting out a couple of oily bits/mods. Then I will be sending it your way to sprinkle some of your magic on it (and also get wheels refurbed)

BMWHaus Guru

Yea parking a car for a long time is bad news! But that's why I start the car, warm it up, and move it once a week Feels so nice to sit in it. I f***** hate golfs :@ well, mk4s anyway.. It feels like the suspension is made of marshmallows, the torque is probably in negative figures and it's generally a miserable drive! And the worst part is there is nothing wrong with it! It's miserable at it's best!

The good news is I should have the car in tip top condition for spring planning to respray the roof, wing and mirrors, as well as sorting out a couple of oily bits/mods. Then I will be sending it your way to sprinkle some of your magic on it (and also get wheels refurbed)
    Dont detail new paint!

BMWHaus Guru

Not all paint will be new!

BMWHaus Guru

Not all paint will be new!
    OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom