Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPC Horizon

UPC Horizon

My folks are looking to upgrade but i keep reading on boards.ie that they are full of bugs. Has anybody got one of these?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: UPC Horizon

internet slower an more confusing to use so maybe not best for older folk

GF has it in her house took ages to get it up and running aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    internet slower an more confusing to use so maybe not best for older folk

GF has it in her house took ages to get it up and running aswell.
    Oh really that's a pile of nads then. People only usually post the negatives so i wasn't sure if it really is as bad as people are saying. They old man is afraid of Sky and satellite dishes

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: UPC Horizon

[quote=kaveman]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    They old man is afraid of Sky and satellite dishes
    Get him one of these uploadfromtaptalk1391457554111.jpg

Sent from my magical talkie device

I have it. once you get used to different layout of remote and lack of wiring and extra boxes for modem and digital box youll be glad you swopped. 150mb download speed.....did a speed test other day...result 154.61
    actually pay less for this service with all hd stations than basic digital.
    2 problems I had was setting up wifi and hardwiring computer..didnt put the cable in properly
    and when recording hd stations uses up your storage massively resulting in missing recordings but this can be set up to auto delete when you have watched
    yes I would recommend it...have had movies downloaded in 4mins!!!

BMWHaus Contributor

D'ya mind me asking how much that package costs? Trying to convince the father to upgrade, current UPC broadband and tv suck monkey plums!

Sent from my magical talkie device

all in 75 for tv ,phone,internet which includes 3hours per month to any irish mobile. or can be swapped to certain international countries.

the brother has sky and has tried numerous times to swap...living in Ashbourne there is no service available for horizon yet

I've a mate in Swords and he just txt me saying it works great for him. I'm guessing but maybe old cables might be causing issues for some people.

UPC Horizon

The wireless coverage off the horizon box is poo. A lot will depend on house type but it's a weak signal. Image quality was poor on my brother in laws one. He returned it as it kept breaking up and sound would be glitchy. Went back to the old box. I've upc broadband but stick with sky for TV. Far better interface on the sky box.

BMWHaus Guru

UPC Horizon

The UI is desperate IMO. Far too complicated when all you want to do is flick stations.
    I'm happy with my current setup , UPC HD+ with 120mb broadband. Best of both worlds IMO. I wouldn't be quick to recommend it to older folk at all.