Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 car insurance options

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 2 car insurance options

Quote Originally Posted by EndaC
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen E46
    Parents are always either free or very cheap to add to a son/daughters insurance so don't have to go the open drive policy. Enda has a 2 car 1 policy I think so he might be on soon to share his taughts

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I have the classic policy with First Ireland. Unfortunately i dont think the E39 qualifies although it's worth trying them
    I got it with them Enda

They basically told me on the phone Merc, BMW and Jag are the only model which qualify for the 15 year rule. Once you say your a member of a car club and just quote a membership number

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Could you not do a 6k miles per annum classic policy on the Clio as it's beyond the fifteen years!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    That sounds brilliant, completely mad ticks all the boxes but could I convince an insurance company that my pride an joy is a 17 year old 1.2 cleo an my hacker is an e39 :winkr does it matter

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: 2 car insurance options

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Could you not do a 6k miles per annum classic policy on the Clio as it's beyond the fifteen years!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    That sounds brilliant, completely mad ticks all the boxes but could I convince an insurance company that my pride an joy is a 17 year old 1.2 cleo an my hacker is an e39 :winkr does it matter
    It goes something like this ..... This car was in my family for years with my brother/mother/ father/sister/ uncle / family dog and means a lot to you ;p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Well it wouldn't be for the joy of driving it :happy: