Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dension woes

BMWHaus Guru

Dension woes

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Is the grom situated in the boot then? How does it integrated, does it require cutting any wires?

Edit: just answered my own question, couldn't be situated in the boot, not unless one would run a very long mic cable
    Only in the trunk when you have satnav, since the radio is in the trunk.
    Bt dongle and mic wire are long enough to reach the front.
    That makes sense, I'm gonna send the dension back and I'll be in touch, I appreciate the input from both you and mackers!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Dension woes

I have a DICE in my e39, and yes, I have experienced the engine noise through the iPod on occasion. Weird thing is that it's not all of the time. I keep meaning to relocate the connection to the back of the radio instead of running it all the way back to the boot to the CD Changer connections.
    I reckon some sort of suppressor for the power supply would also help.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Dension woes

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I have a DICE in my e39, and yes, I have experienced the engine noise through the iPod on occasion. Weird thing is that it's not all of the time. I keep meaning to relocate the connection to the back of the radio instead of running it all the way back to the boot to the CD Changer connections.
    Mine is connected behind the dash as I had an iris unit originally.
    My car doesn't have an amp so maybe I need to take this whole thing back to the drawing board. One of the major advantages of the andrive unit is that it's comparably powerful combated to the iris equipped cars.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Dension woes

Would a ferrite help eliminating some of the HF interference?

BMWHaus Guru

Dension woes

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Would a ferrite help eliminating some of the HF interference?
    I was thinking about going down that route but I'm not sure where I'd put it, I'll take a picture of the loom later and show you what I mean.