Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What wheels are these

BMWHaus Guru

RE: What wheels are these

I think they look great on M3s with the bigger arches but not sure on non M's

BMWHaus Contributor

They dont have a great reputation though.

BMWHaus Guru

What wheels are these

Rota grids are reps of Rays. Cheap as chips here, they're on nearly every bloody pick-up

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Rota grids are reps of Rays. Cheap as chips here, they're on nearly every bloody pick-up
    Yeah @[Dave] and on DoneDeal people have in their ad's "Genuine Rotas" cracks me up all the time :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

Favourite wheel on M3, needs the right colour bad stance to pull it off though

[/php]

BMWHaus Contributor

Jesus no way that's shite looking, unless it's the coloured calipers that's wrong

BMWHaus Contributor

Phils m3 is the only one I've ever seen to pull them off, serious suspension upgrades needed.. 17's ain't to small if you dare to go low.. I might try out 15's on the new yoke soon

To be fair, Rota get an awful bad stick because they were one of the first replica manufacturers. I don't agree with that they do, but they make a better wheel than most other replica manufacturers. At the end of the day, cast wheels are only going to be so strong. If you hit any wheel hard enough, it will let go. I've seen my fair share of Work, Rays, Volk, Enkei & BBS in absolute tatters but you never see people hold that against them.

As is always the way on the internet, you never hear the good stories, only the bad ones.

BMWHaus Guru

You live you learn, didn't know Rotas were a rep of anything. They have a fairly big name though so I would still take Rota wheels over a no name rep. Don't think I'll be getting rid of my BBS RC 040s any time soon though

Yeah, they're usually reps of Japanese wheels but think they have a couple of their own designs now. As you said, Peter, definitely better than the majority of no name reps. Provided a wheel has JWL & VIA stamps, it's more than up to scratch for street use.