Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW recalls

BMWHaus Guru

RE: BMW recalls

Got the call today, my car is affected by the recall.
    Gonna make an appointment when I get back from holidays.

BMWHaus Contributor

Better off ringing BMW Ireland for this, most dealers seems disinterested in following it with BMW ireland. And there is a disconnect between the dealers and bmw ireland on it.

If you have an E46 between i think 01-04 You may be impacted by the recall. They were toyota airbag and plenty of RAV 4s and other models were impacted by it.

Call BMW ireland to find out if your car is impacted. they will issue a letter.

BMWHaus Guru

BMW recalls

Frank Keane BMW called me, they have the parts in stock and are ready to book me in.
    Mine is Oct 2000, (post late 2000 update) so is 2001 model year effectively.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Frank Keane BMW called me, they have the parts in stock and are ready to book me in.
    Mine is Oct 2000, (post late 2000 update) so is 2001 model year effectively.
    Im going to go out on a limb and say this might have occured because mine was done recently after some extensive to and fro.

Perhaps they were happy with the payment from bmw ireland :P

BMWHaus Guru

BMW recalls

Perhaps, well ill book in when I'm home and see how it goes. Pitty I don't have a service book, I'd like a stamp of sorts in there...

Got a call from them as well during the week. I rang them about 2 weeks ago and gave them my details. Mine is going in to get sorted next Saturday and said they would do a free health check as well.