Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmw = common

Bmw = common

Is bmw now the most common car on irish roads everytime im stopped at lights i do a quick little count of how many bmws are around me at any one time id say majority of the time its roughly 70% bmws

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Bmw = common

I think you are right or because we all drive BMW cars we notice them more.

BMWHaus Guru

Bmw = common

I think it's more than we just notice them, bmw moved into the high volume sector rather than premium sector over the last 10 years

BMWHaus Guru

Venture outside Dublin & the prevalence of Toyotas & Mondeos/Fiestas becomes more noticeable.

Owning one does give you a tendency to see more of them. I've noticed a difference since coming back to Cork full time. There's still a good few around but not as common as Dublin. I've also noticed that Dukn definitely has a higher amount of new model (F Series) BMWs proportionately than down here.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Have a good look at just how many TDI B6 Passats are in the traffic around you next time you're out and about

Oh im well aware of the passat it has unfortunately became the felt spec pikey wagon of choice , no offence to any passat owners here i had one myself sure for a short period and it was a damn good workhorse with nice interior enough poke for nipping around etc

BMWHaus Contributor

As for the newer post 08 yes they are definitely very common, but I would hope not everyone is as stupid as me and spends the value of my car every year on the the little slip of paper on the windscreen. :wink:

No not all post 08(due to cost id imagine) but its definitely newer stuff on e90 e60 f10 etc

Re: Bmw = common

The dawn of the oil burner is the root of the cause cheap running cheap tax

90% of the 5 series in ireland for sale are diesel

And 90% of the diesels are under 2.0

The 3 series fairs slightly better with close to a 50/50 ratio

Many moons ago the 3 outnumbered the 5 but it seems since the 520d was introduced to ireland the tide has turned and its become the economical flash wagon of choice offering comfort + economy

I think the E46 was the most popular (or "common") car of the naughties.

Opel Insignias are getting very popular, seeing them everywhere these days.