Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

RE: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Yes but in a lot of other countries tax nct and insurance isnt a pure rip off. Nct is the biggest joke iv ever seen it should be like england would be cheaper and no delays. Tax is also a joke our roads are a total disgrace.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by owly
    Yes but in a lot of other countries tax nct and insurance isnt a pure rip off. Nct is the biggest joke iv ever seen it should be like england would be cheaper and no delays. Tax is also a joke our roads are a total disgrace.
    Like England ? It should be as is here and in most countries all around ,only special garages should check them ,but testers should be more professional and have responsability of their work .this is one of the problems why cars are in not very good nick even after they pass NCT .and car without NCT cant be road leagle or insured .idiots driving on the road with bold tires,without mirrors ,without lights and so on .this should be fixed and it should be made more attention on cars on the road .if light not working ,garda should stop driver and make notice .

True but the waiting lists for ncts are a joke there needs to either be more of them off let competent garages do it. If i buy a car with no nct i have to park the car up for up to 2 months before i can test it bit of a joke i think

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

i would say u would win this if car is just bought and NCT cant take your car very quick

BMWHaus Guru

Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Yes there's loads of issues with it but tbh everytime I ring them up I get onto a cancellation list. Always end up with a Saturday/Sunday appointment within 2-3 weeks.

Also there's a you have a 3 month window to book the car in before it's due. Any Gard I've ever spoken to before about this always says that once your only a month or two out and have tax/insurance then they don't bother. If you acting the tool then they'll use it against you!

As for the MOT set up, stop will yis! We for once have the theory of it bang on but just not the practice. Northern Ireland now have MOT test centres like our own I think?

BMWHaus Contributor

i also asked gardai they hadnt a clue, my nct is booked for january as i cant get it sooner so what am i supposed to do get the bus until january, will they ever go and fuk off, everyday there is a new rule, im well sure if you have a car with tax and insurance you will be fine

Re: RE: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Quote Originally Posted by claudio
    i also asked gardai they hadnt a clue, my nct is booked for january as i cant get it sooner so what am i supposed to do get the bus until january, will they ever go and fuk off, everyday there is a new rule, im well sure if you have a car with tax and insurance you will be fine
    Exactly nothings changed relax people!!! im months out on both cars as frankly iv never been in a rush to run them through

If you have tax and insurance and are only a few months out nothing will be said

BMWHaus Guru

Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Right now there are dates available in Ballymun, Fonthill & Deansgrange for the week starting 10th November

For the first time in my life, I have both cars taxed, insured & NCT'd at the same time. And do you think I've seen any check points?? Not a hope of it..

I'm almost ready to go looking for some just so I can feel what it's like to roll up and not be concerned that I'm breaking one or more laws!! :happy:

According to the Garda Traffic Twitter account, discretion is being used on this half arsed RSA backed fcuk up. If your car is in order with tax/insurance/tyres and you have your seatbelt on/no mobile phone use etc along with proof of NCT appointment, you will be sent on your way.