Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 Emissions...

RE: E36 Emissions...

Quote Originally Posted by armando
    it is more than easy to check if u have any leaks or holes on ur exhaust. just keep wet rag against it, if the exhaust is good and hole less u wont be able to hold the rag, if there will be any minor holes, it will start wistling, you will hear it right away if something is wrong.
    something is telling the car to over fuel. as mentioned before it can be temp sens. temp sens would not pull an error, it would show something and car would thing its still cold and give her more fuel than it needs
    Should be no leaks as the exhaust is new, But I'll double check anyway.

Actually just realised I'v fitted the Temperature Sensor from another car and it makes no difference.

another car? same engine? ive no AD handy now, get the corect values for it and check it with multimeter

Any joy with finding a solution on this? My 318is just failed as well for co out spec at fast idle. HC were in spec though. Trying to research what to do. Lots of similar problems when you do a search but not too many definite solutions seem to be documented.

The rubber breather hose from the pcv to the rocker cover can collapse under load if its perished on the inside, this caused my 318is to fail on high idle. It seemed fine at tickover but it felt soft in the middle and got really soft when the engine was hot.
    Also my pcv valve was filthy too, cleaned it, replaced the pipe and she passed.