Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help 54 turns over no start

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: help 54 turns over no start

if u want to scrap your car use lidl oil !!!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

btw spark plugs don't need to be dirty or build up with oil ,the electrode on plug burns out quicker when engine is burning oil and gap makes bigger ,this makes bad spark and here u have unburned fuel ,more times u try to start this engine ,more fuel gets in combustion chamber but will not fire up . best is to press accelerator pedal to the floor and keep turning if U have good battery ,as u don't switch ignition on and off u don't get more fuel in cylinders only run out already injected at first key turn ,so keep going and mostly it helps to start it

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    btw spark plugs don't need to be dirty or build up with oil ,the electrode on plug burns out quicker when engine is burning oil and gap makes bigger ,this makes bad spark and here u have unburned fuel ,more times u try to start this engine ,more fuel gets in combustion chamber but will not fire up . best is to press accelerator pedal to the floor and keep turning if U have good battery ,as u don't switch ignition on and off u don't get more fuel in cylinders only run out already injected at first key turn ,so keep going and mostly it helps to start it
    Brilliant thanks for that, because I didn't know what the fcuk to do 3 years an always started first turn. At least when it happens again I will know what to do without making a bad situation worse. As far as plugs are concerned they were changed 10k ago.would you recommend popping them and measuring gap or just change them more frequently. Again thanks for the info.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

if they are 10k already I would change them straight away .in my experience they don't last longer for perfect their job

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    if they are 10k already I would change them straight away .in my experience they don't last longer for perfect their job
    So much for the 60k life bollix then, :wink:

BMWHaus Contributor

What's wrong with lidl oil

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    What's wrong with lidl oil

BMWHaus Contributor

Well a 2hour blast up to visit the parents on the motorway yesterday and this morning first click of the key and it started, so alls right in the world again. Looks like I be changing spark-plugs in the future though small price for reliability I suppose. Thanks for the advise Valdelis.
    As for the oil I am more of a tesco man myself ;-)(only when I can't get the usual total stuff) . But I do a full change (total oil) every 7.5 k an even with burning another 7 liters the filter is pretty much full of gunk.