Thread: Some ass dinged my car - repair needed

Some ass dinged my car - repair needed

So.... got the car nicely cleaned and polished yesterday after C&C and some nice maintenance including new plugs and coils and more....

Parked it up last night outside La Bucca restaurant in Dunboyne only to come out this morning and notice this.... I doubt it happened at C&C so it must have happened there. No CCTV.

Absolutely furious. Any recommendations of a good - solid repairer and a price estimate? Might get my bumper done at the same time - couple of stone chips (being pedantic now!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    \'04 E46 M3 Carbon Black 6sp Manual
    \'08 E87 130i M Sport LeMans Blue 6sp Manual

BMWHaus Guru

Some ass dinged my car - repair needed

Ouch, I absolutely hate when people ding your car and don't own up. I had something similar happen recently and as expected there was no CCTV where I parked.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Some ass dinged my car - repair needed

Quote Originally Posted by elmo
    .... I doubt it happened at C&C so it must have happened there
    I was at C&C yesterday as well, noticed the M3 and the little ding at the top of the wheel arch. Didn't know it was yours. You were parked facing the same direction you came in the entrance?

Rich :-(

Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes
    .... I doubt it happened at C&C so it must have happened there
    I was at C&C yesterday as well, noticed the M3 and the little ding at the top of the wheel arch. Didn't know it was yours. You were parked facing the same direction you came in the entrance?

Rich :-(
    Yep that was me! You have saved me a lot of time wasting so. It must have happened before this! Grrr even worse tracking it now.

BMWHaus Contributor

Yep that was me! You have saved me a lot of time wasting so. It must have happened before this! Grrr even worse tracking it now.
    Hyper annoying all right. Know the feeling. Right on the curve.
    Too bad for paintless dent removal?

BMWHaus Guru

I would try to get the dent taken out by a PDR guy even if it does need painting. At least it would minimise the amount of filler that would be needed.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Yeah its a bit scuffed but it might polish out if I can get the PDR guys to do it. Anybody recommend anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I would try to get the dent taken out by a PDR guy even if it does need painting. At least it would minimise the amount of filler that would be needed.
    It wouldn't really take much filler as the panel beater will hammer and dolly out the dent. Ricks Car Care seem to be really good. if the paint is scraped or crack pdr won't really work?

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah its a bit scuffed but it might polish out if I can get the PDR guys to do it. Anybody recommend anybody?
    Haven't used these guys only heard about them so can't vouch.
    Because it seems to be on the edge of a panel, there could be trouble ahead.

http://quickdent.info/

http://www.carcosmetix.ie/

Email that picture in to both of them and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaloney88
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    It wouldn't really take much filler as the panel beater will hammer and dolly out the dent. Ricks Car Care seem to be really good. if the paint is scraped or crack pdr won't really work?
    You got a contact for them John?