Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 Hour NCT testing

24 Hour NCT testing

Just announced, 24hour test center opening to help with the backlog.

3 test centers in total. Northpoint, North Dublin. Deansgrange, South Dublin & Little Island, Cork.

---

The 24-hour testing began in Dublin on Monday, and will run for four nights a week, shared between North Point and Deansgrange test centres. It also began at Little Island in Cork on Tuesday.

Additional inspection lanes for cars will be provided in Blarney, Naas, Mullingar and Portlaoise. Opening hours will be increased at Galway, Ballina, Enniscorthy and Killarney, which will operated from 7am to 11.30pm four days a week. Other centres too will see an additional early or late opening day.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 24 Hour NCT testing

Thanks be! I'm on a "Priority" list for the past 10 days for either Little Island or Blarney.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

24 Hour NCT testing

I was on the priority list for about 3 weeks and nothing then I rang and they gave me a date 3 days later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

On the list since 31st Jan for the F10... Might be time for a follow-up.

BMWHaus Guru

I have a text that they are tying to find an appointment to test the Golf since the 27th Feb, if 4 weeks pass and still no test would that be sufficient proof to get a free test?

Edit: test!

BMWHaus Guru

Booked mine in Little island for for Friday 27th March....at 1.15am!!
    I had the same text as you for over a week but I decided that I just wanted to get the test done & dusted.
    @Peter-E36 You could argue it but If you don;t jump soon for the night time tests in march, it looks like the next available tests are May!
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I had the same text as you for over a week but I decided that I just wanted to get the test done & dusted.
    @Peter-E36 You could argue it but If you don;t jump soon for the night time tests in march, it looks like the next available tests are May!
    Thanks Mark! F that, I want to get it over with, will give them a shout now, cheers!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Thanks Mark! F that, I want to get it over with, will give them a shout now, cheers!
    You can book those times online!
    Current Garage:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    You can book those times online!
    Update: When I checked the text it was actually from the 17th February, I called now and they offered 24th March 2:55 in the morning! I said it was outside the 4 weeks and I want it for free she argued a little then put me through to customer service, who then booked me in straight away for the 17th March at 8:20. Goes to show knowing your rights goes a long way! 8:20 is fine too, I could pop in before work whereas 2:55 am is a bit ridiculous...

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Just announced, 24hour test center opening to help with the backlog.

3 test centers in total. Northpoint, North Dublin. Deansgrange, South Dublin & Little Island, Cork.

---

The 24-hour testing began in Dublin on Monday, and will run for four nights a week, shared between North Point and Deansgrange test centres. It also began at Little Island in Cork on Tuesday.
    Thats just daft and a complete waste of money to be paying staff overtime rate and allowance for unsociable hours to be doing nothing.

I totally understand extending working hours to late at night even up to 12pm to clear the back log. But who in God's name wants to go to the NCT in the wee hours of the morning???? :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Who is paying for the extended opening?? The State or the privatised NCT companies???