Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Interesting Thread from Bimmerpost

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Interesting Thread from Bimmerpost

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    I don't know how you could choose between any of them Jeff! That's interesting though, I would've thought your order of preference would be CSL, M5, then C2. A B6 would be incredible!
    The CSL is a better car in almost every way (looks apart IMO), but there's just something about the little Alpina. It's full of personality, if that makes sense, and every drive is special. The other two are mentalists though
    I know exactly what you mean Jeff. There is something very simple and uncomplicated about an E30. You don't need to be going fast. My E30 325i cab is the most fun to drive of all my cars and would probably be the last one I would sell.

BMWHaus Guru

I don't know how you could choose between any of them Jeff! That's interesting though, I would've thought your order of preference would be CSL, M5, then C2. A B6 would be incredible!
    The CSL is a better car in almost every way (looks apart IMO), but there's just something about the little Alpina. It's full of personality, if that makes sense, and every drive is special. The other two are mentalists though
    I know exactly what you mean, a fun car can be a lot more enjoyable than a more powerful more serious car. Personality goes a long way too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    I know exactly what you mean Jeff. There is something very simple and uncomplicated about an E30. You don't need to be going fast. My E30 325i cab is the most fun to drive of all my cars and would probably be the last one I would sell.
    That's exactly why I feel like I missed out by never owning an e30, I'd love a well sorted e30 318iS I'd say it's probably one of the most fun cars you could own

BMWHaus Contributor

That's exactly why I feel like I missed out by never owning an e30, I'd love a well sorted e30 318iS I'd say it's probably one of the most fun cars you could own

It was great when it was working, every journey was an experience, most of them good
    I was looking for a good original 325i sport when i ended up with the M3, I want another E30 at some stage as a sunny day car.

I have been meaning to start a previous cars thread for a while but it looks like this one is developing into just that !

BMWHaus Guru

That's lovely Kevin! I missed out on a few throughout the years most recent was a lazur blue one that seemed like a good example before I went for the e36. Don't fancy another project car anytime soon but if I do it would almost certainly be an e30 318is.

BMWHaus Contributor

With all those beauties feel nearly ashamed of putting my ones up...

Back in the BMW world with an E46 316

My daily 318i Touring

My 318IS Supercharged Downing Atlanta

A sneak preview of the wife's 318i