Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

Re: RE: Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Aren't nearly all alpinas a lesser version of the full m's ? I know its not an m but its powered by m
    Ah but no Gar. Alpina were producing cars that beat any Bmw on power before there were even an M cars. Look at my E12 B7 back in 1980 with 300HP. The best from BMW was an M535i with 218hp. Also the E34 M5 came out with 315 and eventually 340. The B10 biturbo had 360 plus more torque. And generally Alpina bring out their offering of a model range before the M car appears. Yes in some cases in more recent years some Alpina cars look down on power to some M's but they are a very different proposal. I would have an E60 B5 over the equivalent M5 any day.
    You shot me in the foot now as you covered my next reply in your post

But i was talking just about full fat m's vs alpinas over the last two decades

Iv always prefered an m over an alpina thats not to say i wouldn't like one id just prefer the other

BMWHaus Guru

Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

The thing is though Alpina take a normal production model and rework that, they don't try to do a M. The difference with the Z8 is that it already had an M engine so I don't really consider this Alpina much.

Re: RE: Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    The thing is though Alpina take a normal production model and rework that, they don't try to do a M. The difference with the Z8 is that it already had an M engine so I don't really consider this Alpina much.
    Meant to say in my last post that alpina have made less powerfull cars in the past but it never effects resale value 9 times out of 10 the alpina will have a higher value come sale time

Im sure the car in the original post will have no issue finding a home

RE: Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gar

Im sure the car in the original post will have no issue finding a home
    Yes and the less power/more power debate won't matter because it never was (and probably will never) be driven :hehe!:

RE: Jay-sus...what would this be worth !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    They made the Z8 less good.

Cant see it drawing any more than a standard Z8.

The Alpina's that are worth money today are the ones that took things further than what BMW did at the time.

E30 B6
    E34 B10 Biturbo
    E36 B8
    E90 B3S Biturbo
    Etc Etc

The semi-skimmed Alpina's have little mass appeal.
    And the E30 B6S