Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bent control arm? Or maybe something else.?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Bent control arm? Or maybe something else.?

Yepp checked it all over plenty times had it up again this morning and everthing seems bang on.? Just wondering would the top mount issue I had have anything to do with it.? Could the shock be fitted a bit off like? Or are the holes cantered like, there's no kind of oval holes for the bolts on the end of the shock to adjust near the hub .?

Last place i got mine done used a tolerance sheet for the specific model of car sport e39 non v8 il dig it out shortly dont think was to 0

Edit: found this pic on my phone

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    Yepp checked it all over plenty times had it up again this morning and everthing seems bang on.? Just wondering would the top mount issue I had have anything to do with it.? Could the shock be fitted a bit off like? Or are the holes cantered like, there's no kind of oval holes for the bolts on the end of the shock to adjust near the hub .?
    All points would need to be secure before it's tracked including the top mount. If there were an issue with something being loose or worn any person tracking a car worth his salt should notice this and refuse to track until the issue is sorted first.

Here's a link for every part of your front suspension.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=BE72&mospid=47426&hg=31

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks Gar I don't know so man there's nothing visually out of place on the whole front setup like checked it all over checked all the bushings for play and wear, seems all good, had another lad look at it yesterday he has 2 e36's on the road and he said it seems good to him he couldn't see where the problem was either said it all looks the same as his two.. Hit a dead end at this stage really Until I get another brainwave..

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    Thanks Gar I don't know so man there's nothing visually out of place on the whole front setup like checked it all over checked all the bushings for play and wear, seems all good, had another lad look at it yesterday he has 2 e36's on the road and he said it seems good to him he couldn't see where the problem was either said it all looks the same as his two.. Hit a dead end at this stage really Until I get another brainwave..
    Was the guy who did the work chatting shit? Measure the distance?

BMWHaus Contributor

No man he showed me and all when he had it tracked was still up and measured it and all when I was there and there was about 21/22 mm difrence compared to the driver side

BMWHaus Contributor

Where are you actually measuring from? Try measure from two fixed points. Like when the wheels are straight go from the centre of the jacking point to the centre of the wheel.