Thread: Wheel fitment problem.!

BMWHaus Contributor

Wheel fitment problem.!

Hi lads, so I have a set of wheels (jr3's) there BMW fitment 5x120 the bolts are lining up Iv no issues there , the problem I have is that the bolts won't fit through the wheel.? The heads of the bolt are too big it seem.? It's like the wheels even though are for BMW fitment it's like the holes for the studs are for jap size bolts (Silvia). Has anyone had this problem . Can I get smaller head bolts or what can I do as I really want to use these wheels .?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Wheel fitment problem.!

Something like stud conversion whould sort it ?
    http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/75mm-Wheel-Stud-Kits/APEX-75mm-M12-BMW-5Lug-Stud-Kit-Black.html#.VZsNu4o4LCQ

BMWHaus Contributor

Get them drilled a tad

BMWHaus Contributor

Is a stud conversion my only way out.? Can smaller heads be got no.? I was thinking of milling but that's kind of last resort really is like to avoid it if I could.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Wheel fitment problem.!

I have stud conversion kits in stock if needed. It sounds like the taper on the wheel bolts is too wide and/or not at the correct angle for JR3's. The beauty about stud conversions is :

1. When removing wheels you no longer need to hold the wheel in place when removing the last bolt as the wheel rests on the studs making removal and refitting much easier.

2. 80mm (for example) stud kits will allow you to run up to 20mm spacers should you have a few different sizes of spacers you no longer need multiple sets of longer wheel bolts.

3. You have a much wider choice of lug nuts you can run in order to suit your wheels, be it color, taper angle, design etc.

Hope this helps,

www.instagram.com/super4bmw

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks cab, I'll more than likely be ringing you I next day or two, if u have them in stock I'll probly get a set off you, could u send me on a price of the set please and if there my only way out of this I'll have to get them. Thanks man

Wheel fitment problem.!

I have jr-12 on my E39 an was given "tuner" bolts from east Coast alloys in Ardee. Have longer ones on car with 20 mm spacers on all 100%. This might be another option for you perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

You need tuner bolts and be grand then

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk