Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E36 318is Springs Options

E36 318is Springs Options

Hi Lads,

So i picked up a e36 318is over the last few weeks. I decided that i couldnt really replace the E46 M3 with anything out there so decided to go cheaper and get something to have a little fun with. For the older members, you might remember Neilthefunkyhomosapians car. Neil is a mate of mine so picked it up. Needs a small bit of mechanical work and should be good for NCT.

Anyway, i will be using it as a daily for the foreseeable. It is quite low at teh moment and the ride is too uncomfortable for a daily. So question is, what should I go for.

I want something that is more comfortable on the ride but a small bit lower than the factory so still looks good.

Any suggestions, experience etc...?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 318is Springs Options

Ah very good, you must get some pics up. Did he ever manage to fit the style 5's?:happy: I had an Eibach Pro kit on my old iS...perfect drop imo (see below)

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=110

Yeah ill throw some up later on. Nah he sold them off i think!

Yeah i've looked at thr pro kit, was it comfortable? I'll be putting int he miles, so need something thats not too bumpy.

BMWHaus Guru

It was less crashy than the original mtec springs and I was running the 17" polished motorsport wheels at the time

I'll look into them.

Anyone else got any other suggestions?

Few pics as is. Have a few plans for her. Going smoked depo in front and side. black grills. maybe smoked fogs. Wiring in bluetooth instead of the tape deck so can keep it looking OEM. Few bits on mechanical like said, aswel as short shifter, weighted gear knob and adn new bushes for the mechanisms (the play in the gear stick is doing my head in!). I'll see after that what i want to do then.

[img][/img]
    [img][/img]

Theres a blast from the past been years since iv seen that car still looks great

Go for the prokit you wont regret it ,direct from germanys the cheapest place to source them

Yeah its in decent shape. There are a few patches of rust, but ill prob leave that alone unless it becomes a problem. the paint would be near impossible to match.

Neil only gave it a detail last year so it still looks decent. Hoepfully ill get some time over next couple of weeks to give her a proper scrub and get rid of all the grit as its been sitting up for the last year.

Goiing into chelmford motors tomorrow for some work so hopefully comes back with a decent report from gary

BMWHaus Guru

Joms coilovers easier to fit than springs look better/more ride height option. Only circa €220. Pro kit etc is overrated imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Joms coilovers easier to fit than springs look better/more ride height option. Only circa €220. Pro kit etc is overrated imo.
    Having driven a low mileage e36 from athlone to dublin with bluelines they are not even in the same league for comfort compared to eibach the drive was not bad just wasn't as nice as riding on the prokit the owner of the car himself is even growing tired of it

For cheap slammage they are probably the best but thats not what the op is after

BMWHaus Guru

Having driven an e36 every day for the last 4 years I disagree. It was on joms for 3.5 years. Wants to look lower as per his original post. You would only look 1.5 cm lower if you install pro kit. Overrated waste of time fan boy spring. Has been discussed to death.