Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice options/touches/comforts

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Nice options/touches/comforts

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    I don't see the big appeal to adaptive headlights tbh.

I've had them in my LCI 535d with xenon, I had them in my pre LCI 525d with xenon and I've had standard xenon in my 530d and I've never noticed the headlights moving unless I parked right up against a wall and tested it.

On the road I think the car moves and the corners come and go to quick to notice the lights moving with the steering wheel.
    Have them on the F10 Keith and love them. Automatic full beam, cornering, split beam, etc. Never had them before and would definitely be on the list going forward.

Other options:

- seat memory
    - auto handbrake (has grown on me in traffic)
    - Xenons

BMWHaus Guru

A sunroof would always have been my no.1 preference, and probably still is.

A recent experience that I would go out of my way to have again is Comfort seats. The extent of base and backrest adjustability, the adjustable lumber support, the adjustable backrest bolsters, electrically adjustable steering column and the memory settings mean that a phenomenally precise and comfortable seating position is possible. When you open the door to get out the steering wheel rises slightly and the backrest bolsters deflate to make it much easier to get out of than Sport seats. The memory settings mean that its easy to readjust after Mrs D has been in rather than impaling myself on the steering wheel when I get in to her car.

I quite like the double glazing on the e39. It means that wind and road noise are noticeably reduced. I also like dimming door mirrors, in addition to the interior one. The only downside is that it makes judging how close vehicles behind are a bit more difficult at night.

I-Drive - thought I would hate it but it very quickly became second nature to use it.

Cruise control - never thought I needed it until I first had it, now I wouldn't have a daily driver without it.

Things I've had that I could live without?:
    Flappy paddles - have them on Z4 and had on F10 but after the novelty factor wore off I hardly ever used them.
    Auto Hold with electric handbrake - never used it - might have been more useful in a manual car.

One observation - I wish BMW would make up their mind about the layout of steering wheel controls and cruise control functions. With e39, e46, e90 and f10 the cruise control locations are not the same on any 2 of them.

BMWHaus Contributor

Fax machine in the E38. An absolute must have!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    I don't see the big appeal to adaptive headlights tbh.

I've had them in my LCI 535d with xenon, I had them in my pre LCI 525d with xenon and I've had standard xenon in my 530d and I've never noticed the headlights moving unless I parked right up against a wall and tested it.

On the road I think the car moves and the corners come and go to quick to notice the lights moving with the steering wheel.
    Have them on the F10 Keith and love them. Automatic full beam, cornering, split beam, etc. Never had them before and would definitely be on the list going forward.

Other options:

- seat memory
    - auto handbrake (has grown on me in traffic)
    - Xenons
    Maybe the adaptive kit has progressed on the F10?
    The older adaptive system wasn't that good

Memory function, had it on one of the E60's and the X5, then didn't have it and realized just how handy it is. Have it in the current E60 and totally agree that's it's invaluable.