Thread: NCT

BMWHaus Contributor

NCT

Not another thread moaning about NCT centres.

Just had the X5 into the NCT this morning, it's had this intermittent brake light issue for a while now, apparently pretty common on them.

Anyway the brake light on the passenger side had not been working for the last Week or so, I decided to replace it this morning, however didn't have the correct bulb, and the bulb in it looked pretty good. In the process of putting the bulb back in, it fell out and is now in the light compartment itself rolling around.... FML.

I was running late so just chanced my arm, jeep flew through it with no brake light/bulb in. No bother, no advisory. Not a thing said and cert issued.

Thanks to the NCT centre.

RE: NCT

Get yourself a lotto ticket tonight!

Had an indicator bulb fail during the NCT once. Inspector took a look, gave it a quick bang with his hand, presto... bulb worked again. Thanked him afterwards for the helpful nudge and had a laugh about it, not all doom and gloom as you so often hear.

BMWHaus Guru

NCT

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto
    Get yourself a lotto ticket tonight!

Had an indicator bulb fail during the NCT once. Inspector took a look, gave it a quick bang with his hand, presto... bulb worked again. Thanked him afterwards for the helpful nudge and had a laugh about it, not all doom and gloom as you so often hear.
    I had a similar experience with the e30. The examiner handed me the cert, complimented the car and then said the headlight aim was out and the drop links needed to be replaced.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    I had a similar experience with the e30. The examiner handed me the cert, complimented the car and then said the headlight aim was out and the drop links needed to be replaced.
    Did you get them sorted after the test?
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

NCT

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Did you get them sorted after the test?
    I had the parts ordered and car booked in to get the work done almost before I left the Nct centre!

BMWHaus Guru

I had the parts ordered and car booked in to get the work done almost before I left the Nct centre!
    I believe it! I'd say he saw the car, knew instantly that it was not scrimped on, that it was enthusiast owned and that you'd probably sort it for your own peace of mind. They might have been borderline to a failure. I had the same kind of commentary on the e39, one of the bushes on the control arms was "nearly gone" he said, I asked him if was a fail but he said I might want to change it to keep it right. Hence me swinging around the corner immediately to Otto to pick up a full set of suspension arms at the time!
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S