Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: There's a gap in the market...

RE: There's a gap in the market...

Very appropriate to be reading this thread after driving to work in the 330ci this morning. First day back on the road for a couple of months.

Couldn't see myself happy in a JCW/S2k over it. Reminds me of an American muscle car: it's an auto/trip which changes it's whole character complared to the manual. Definitely not a house fly down the lanes but what an engine.

BMWHaus Guru

@ Gar / Jeff: Lovely cars those Minis, had a good think about one recently but they aren't for me. There's just nothing quite like a chuck able rear wheel drive

@ Roberto: Autos with big power make a great daily for sure I'm thinking more along the lines of a big go kart though.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Anyone know the exact weight of the compact I can't find any solid source all the usual spec places are saying 1450-1480kg 0-60
    The compact went thru the NCT the other day...vehicle weight says 1,430kg, with a half tank of juice...about 100kg lighter than my saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Anyone know the exact weight of the compact I can't find any solid source all the usual spec places are saying 1450-1480kg 0-60
    The compact went thru the NCT the other day...vehicle weight says 1,430kg, with a half tank of juice...about 100kg lighter than my saloon
    Same weight as our coupe

The e39 comes in at 1525kg on last test sheet

According to the book its 1395kg with a full tank of juice and 75kg load

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    the steering ratio, again, when it's designed to cruise at silly speeds on the autobahn, it's naturally a wider/longer ratio so that it isn't twitchy, this naturally makes it slower to respond at slower speeds (eg back road blast etc) and so ruins the fun
    Have been bold and have been looking at an e92 M3 steering rack swap, its a bolt on job and lowers the ratio from 16:1 to 12.5:1

May be a mod for a later date

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    the steering ratio, again, when it's designed to cruise at silly speeds on the autobahn, it's naturally a wider/longer ratio so that it isn't twitchy, this naturally makes it slower to respond at slower speeds (eg back road blast etc) and so ruins the fun
    Have been bold and have been looking at an e92 M3 steering rack swap, its a bolt on job and lowers the ratio from 16:1 to 12.5:1

May be a mod for a later date
    *Borat voice* Very naaice! ...How much?

That's literally the one thing that bothered me about the 335, been bangin on about it in the daily driver thread since I bought it...

BMWHaus Guru

Re: There's a gap in the market...

Peter, if you're ever in Dublin soon in particular blackrock get yourself to Frank Keane and test drive the blue 3 door m135i. You absolutely will not be disappointed!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/smart-roadster-brabus/9748072?offset=7

Wonder what they're like to drive

BMWHaus Guru

I would love to Smartuki the sh1t out of that

http://www.smartuki.com/

BMWHaus Guru

i have driven one there actually good fun very light and revy little engine