Thread: Vacuum Hoses

BMWHaus Guru

Vacuum Hoses

Hi all!

Going tackle replacing all the vacuum hoses on the 335d as preventative maintenance, I've read they are know to fail and i did see a few that weren't in the best shape the last time I had the manifold off. Piece of mind and all that.

I presume they are just standard hoses, anyone where to pick them up? Ideally a decent length so i can cut to suit. Are they 4 or 4.5 mm?

Cheers

RE: Vacuum Hoses

They will be different diameters, so no point looking for a generic hose that you would be able to install. Different diameters, shapes, ends. Some are thicker at one end while thinner on the other. Get a proper OEM replacement.
    Best possible scenario - take everything apart, inspect all the hoses and get OEM replacements for dodgy ones from BMW dealer or online. Downside of this scenario, it may take couple of days to get replacement hoses. And they will also be like 10-20 EUR a piece.
    Or you can spend like 200-300 EUR and get an upgraded 3 layers silicone hoses kit for your engine. It will have like 10-15 hoses (depends on the engine), so you just replace them all at once, in one day. Roose Motorsport have nice kits, also Mishimoto makes them too, but you need to make sure they make it for your engine and RHD (some hoses are different for LHD). You can also choose different colours.
    I've been through this... and I found more rotten hoses than expected - 5 altogether of 15. Here is how it looked after:

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Most motor factors have these hoses in stock

just get maybe 2 meters ,remove old one, get measurement and replace it ,one by one

defo dont need to go to main dealer

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw

just get maybe 2 meters ,remove old one, get measurement and replace it ,one by one

Thanks, i got stung when i busted an oil return line, one nipple off a set of six and i had to replace the pipe at a lovely charge of €135! :surprised:

I would presume vacuum hoses are generic ?

Thanks again.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron

Thanks, i got stung when i busted an oil return line, one nipple off a set of six and i had to replace the pipe at a lovely charge of €135! :surprised:

Thanks again.
    u can get something like silicone hoses for vacuum control,but really dont needed .just get proper vacuum hoses ,think they same as early diesel return hoses .

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron

Thanks again.
    u can get something like silicone hoses for vacuum control,but really dont needed .just get proper vacuum hoses ,think they same as early diesel return hoses .
    Deadly, thanks Valdas.

If the orginals have done well for 145k km, I'd be happy getting replacements that can do the same.

Get braded vacuum hose from Wurth in Ballymount .it's about €25 for 15 meters

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pauld5152
    Get braded vacuum hose from Wurth in Ballymount .it's about €25 for 15 meters

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Cheers man! Next step is getting measurements, too lazy to go out and make a rough measure of it, prefer to specific diameters.