Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
Quote Originally Posted by shaunokeeffe
possibly because its sacrilage to the purists :-P
Well... To be honest it's almost impossible to know where to draw the line... it really does get blurred over time! Important thing is to be happy with the car

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
I'd imagine it's the cost and also the e36 is 20 years old. Be fun though :smiling:
Well when you think getting a new set of wheels, (or a decent old set and refurbing it) + decent tyres is 1200 - 1500 or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
Thanks Narusa, that's great could be a real option in the future so.

I wonder why more people don't do it? One spends thousands on maintenance and mods, why not on a supercharger? Maybe it feels like too much of a commitment?
I was chatting to Cab about it a while ago, I think my car would be a prime example to do it on to be honest. Very low mileage and I would be completely nuts doing an S50 conversion on it. At 8psi I would be expecting to achieve at least around 300bhp, but the low down torque is where I think I'd get the most use out of it. The AA kit seems the best, the main problem is getting hit with customs importing it from the states as far as I can see, I pay enough in tax, really would prefer not to give them a bundle more.
Prime candidate indeed, I'd say with an M50 manifold and remap you could probably adjust the power band to your liking (within reason). Yea screw paying extortionate amounts to customs. That kit on e36coupe seems absolutely ideal, if I wasn't going on a 3 week holiday tomorrow I would genuinely snap it up!
I see you and the car have gotten over the hump then :tounge:
[hr]
Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
Thanks Narusa, that's great could be a real option in the future so.

I wonder why more people don't do it? One spends thousands on maintenance and mods, why not on a supercharger? Maybe it feels like too much of a commitment?
I was chatting to Cab about it a while ago, I think my car would be a prime example to do it on to be honest. Very low mileage and I would be completely nuts doing an S50 conversion on it. At 8psi I would be expecting to achieve at least around 300bhp, but the low down torque is where I think I'd get the most use out of it. The AA kit seems the best, the main problem is getting hit with customs importing it from the states as far as I can see, I pay enough in tax, really would prefer not to give them a bundle more. I think it could be done for well under 5k including install and a live map with 95RON fuel, I wonder how it would affect my premium and who would insure it? I presume I'd have to get an engineers report as well for insurance reasons?
Ask Cab afaik he has coils and charger down.