Thread: Car Alarms and security Dublin (viper etc)

BMWHaus Contributor

Car Alarms and security Dublin (viper etc)

Does anyone know anything about caralrms,ie based in clarehall? doing quite abit of research and seems to me that viper/clifford which are the same companyi think are one of the best aftermarket security alarms available at the moment, was thiking of getting a top of the range viper without the remote start but the ponly ones i can see in dublin or surrouding areas are caralarms.ie, was just looking for feedback or opinions thanks
    Last edited by claude; 29-07-16 at 08:47.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I had an old er viper with the screen in my last car. My friend had it fitted at great cost before I bought the car. It left me stranded in my work carpark one evening where I was forced to remove dash plastics and rip the alarm out so I could start the car again. Would not recommend.

I would however recommend Meta, seem like a nice simple hassle free alarm. I think alarms with bells and whistles are doomed to fail.

BMWHaus Contributor
    My cousin fits alarms, parking sensors all that jazz

One of the best. As far as I know he is the only one(or few) in the country that is actually that meets and is certified by Clifford.

Dos a lot of fleet work for truck with reverse cameras, sensors and trackers.

Give me a shout. Dwayne 0877795666. DK car systems on Facebook. Say John your cousin sent you.

Viper at the cheap version of Clifford. Same company.

He used to do meta. Don't know if he still does.

BMWHaus Guru
    MDS is Palmerstown, Car Alarms in Navan & Tallaght, and Evolution Sounds in Carlow are the approved installers for Clifford in Ireland. Personally, I'd go for the simplest system available from any manufacturer. Blackjaxx is a pretty handy option if you're going the Clifford route - allows the car to be driven from the house, but kills the engine once it gets a safe distance from the house.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Had numerous Clifford systems over the years and never had any problems. Don't think the crowd that used install them for me are still around though ?!? AAA systems I think they were called......

BMWHaus Contributor
    I bought my car with a Clifford system installed and brought it to MDS in Palmerstown to have it checked, calibrated and serviced, all of which they were happy to do. MDS have been working on cars of mine and friends of mine for years and I cant fault them. Anything from a simple single DIN stereo to custom installs, retrofit PDC, TV's etc they do it and they do it well. If it wasnt for them I wouldnt have the Intravee in my M3 not to mention the digital TV Tuner and DAB.

If you are looking for an alarm, they are the ones to ask. Just go to their showroom and talk to them. They can tell you everything you need to know including things you probably didnt even consider.