I thing it's quite good strengthening with plates from out side . If it's very bad I open from interior side and do weld .have opened the one with only rear LH mounting damaged ,as these crack first ,and front RH was perfect .so i think it don't need so extra cutting and welding as it will not make so lot changes ,as any weld is no good for steel anyway ! Non stuff and paint will help to stop later rust or other damage . The only thing to weld the plates ,is to strengthening the shity floor . It probably wouldn't be my cup of tee ,to keep E46 and know it had it's fully rewelded rear floor . It's not the case to make car be perfect forever .it will start rust in other places ,as they do start ,seen quite few .so does it worth to do all this just for your peace of mind for few years? And I'm sure ,and I have examples ,they do good mileages even without plates ! If u so scare about this type of car ,probably better just to go away ! Better I'll change the chain on N47 and will know that it will drive perfect again ,and body still be perfect,which is so difficult to sort ,rust ,paint quality and so on.and we know u got all this shite on your own skin . So how many people would go your route ??? Don't need to try and say how good I have done for my own car and how all others around Ireland and all UK now are peace of shite!! Becouse it does sounds like this ! U might say this after few years when would be what to compare ,and still there is no fully same cars to do this .thats all I wanted to say .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk