And on it goes.
I decided to replace the rear pads. Got a friendly discount from Colm Quinn BMW so went for OEM pads. Old ones weren't as crusty as I feared, but still nice to have fresh ones.

While in there, I polished up the caliper slider pins applied some fresh Copper grease.

On stripping the other side, I found I was missing the spring that goes on the outside...

Not essential perhaps, but I will get one asap. Local car breakers had a similar one but it didn't fit.

I took off the rear spacers too, the back wheels just poked a shade too much for my liking. Also I felt the rear studs weren't quite threading in far enough for my liking.
With...

Without....

I stripped the fronts too, but it was just a clean up and check there, pads are fairly fresh Pagid.

While the front rims were off I took off the front spacers, and fitted the ones that had been on the rear.
Yes I am a fussy bollix.

Next task was adjusting the handbrake shoes, one side was way off. Bit trickier on a car with an LSD, harder to spin the discs to check for binding.

Aaaaaaahhh finally, time to check, drain, flush and refill the brake fluid. Took me a few minutes to find the reservoir! 😁 hidden under the RHS pollen filter housing.

I checked the moisture content with my tester pen, looks like it was a long time since it had been changed.

On the recommendation of my good mate George (Geo) in Daltons, I got him to send me some quality brake fluid.

So lots of pumping and topping up later, all good.

Looking forward to seeing how it feels after bedding in.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk