Buy any Apple product directly from Apple, that way you'll have your warranty with them directly rather than with whatever shop you buy it from. That means worldwide cover with excellent customer service rather than being given a run around from whoever else.

You can get a student discount from the Apple online store by clicking "shop for education" - no questions asked, saved me ~150 Euro

What will you use it for? What's your budget?

I bought a 2016 12" Retina MacBook with the M7 processor and 512 GB PCIE SSD (and 8GB RAM - the only option) and can honestly say it's the best computer/laptop/tech thing I've ever had and couldn't recommend it enough.

Gorgeous 1440p Retina display, fan-less design so totally silent, it weighs 900 grams! And the battery lasts all day and then some + it can be charged with a power bank just like a phone. It's ridiculously quick for bursty CPU usage (3.1GHz turbo boost) and I've had no issues with it since I bought it when it came out in April.

Don't buy it if you want to use it for gaming or connecting a ton of peripherals, but otherwise it's an incredible little machine! You can edit video, audio, and photos no problem whatsoever, but if that's the primary use then I'd say get a Pro!

Another bonus from buying from Apple is you'll have a 14 day window to return it if you don't like it, again no questions asked, so you could always try it out and if it doesn't suit or you need a different one just return it.