Thread: Steering wheel allignment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Yes disconnect the battery first as you do not wish to trigger airbag lights. Once disconnected leave for about 15 minutes. The wheel should be on splines. Most wheels will only have a certain amount of lock points. I did this on my own car recently except I did it the other way which is a bit more involved but did not need to worry about sensors and slip rings. I undid the steering joint underneath the car. Repositioned the wheel that way and it worked a treat. I agree with you it can be very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Yes disconnect the battery first as you do not wish to trigger airbag lights. Once disconnected leave for about 15 minutes. The wheel should be on splines. Most wheels will only have a certain amount of lock points. I did this on my own car recently except I did it the other way which is a bit more involved but did not need to worry about sensors and slip rings. I undid the steering joint underneath the car. Repositioned the wheel that way and it worked a treat. I agree with you it can be very annoying.
    Thanks, Ill give that option a look

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I just had a look at the parts diagram, Did you disconnect the shaft at the telescopic bit under the dash?