Better off going to UK mainland, exchange rate is great at the moment! I recently priced the cost for two to fly over, train from Stansted and ferry back and was sub 300 quid. AA inspection is 125 quid if you want additional piece of mind.

Im in a similar boat as yourself, quite soon I'll be looking at 30k miles a year. Was look at many different rep mobiles, but decided id like to keep it BMW as ill be spending an awful lot of time in the car, I dont want to be stressed when I get out of it! Was looking at F10 diesels, but F01s caught my eye as a big cruiser, same chassis as a RR ghost and really good value. A four year old F01 is comparative to a similar year F10 price wise despite being a nearly 40k difference in initial purchase price!

Have a dirty nagging feeling to go get a M235i, to hell with all, but it would be madness! I think a weekend play thing is a better bet at the moment, but if I can manage to work a couple days at home at home a week I'll be back on the petrol bandwagon though