Odd on the tyres...

I'm on 25k+ miles on the rear tyres with still meat left on it. I bought 2 20" Bridgestone dueler rft for about 600 total last year...

It's heavy enough on front pads alright and I've had the control arms replaced too.

I'm lucky in that I took out the BMW comprehensive warranty which apart from covering failures also covers wear and tear up to 100k miles. Downside is I'm paying about the same as the road tax for the year.

I had a headlight fault (wouldn't go on full beam on driver side) - the headlight alone was €1450+vat and fitting it involved taking off the front of the car. Thankfully the warranty covered it as looking around the UK even couldn't source a second had adaptive xenon headlight.

Yeah the road tax is a bit steep but it is an inline 6 diesel so it's smooth with lots of torque. Oh and the fuel economy sucks but I did pick this vehicle over a 4.8S Cayenne for this reason. Expect to spend €100 filling it and get about 400 miles for the privilege.

Mine has been tough enough on maintenance and I reckon I've probably claimed 5-6k in warranty this year (BMW rates of course).

I love it - they are very comfortable.. automatic (only) and plenty of power. I've been toying with getting a 4.0d but at 40k for a 2012 from a dealer (you get 2 year BMW warranty if you it from a main dealer - which is probably worth about 6-7k if you took it out yourself). The issue I have is mine is an ex-demo launch vehicle with a silly spec and I'd end up spending 30k along with it to get something about 4-5 years newer and probably higher mileage (and lower spec) but fundamentally the same vehicle.

Ironically my wife thinks it's cheaper to run that the 911 I drove for 8 years.... Ummmm no....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk