Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Yeah Andy, I feel I am likely a lot better off despite loosing the deposit.

Yeah I could see it getting aggravating, I dont like to air grevances in public, its get my blood pressure up and everyone look like a fool.
Having been on the receiving end of something similar this sort of situation makes my blood boil.

While they are probably legally correct in not returning the deposit as it’s likely in their Terms of Business which they’ll claim the deal was subject to despite your email stipulation this just isn’t an honourable way to do business.

They didn’t explicitly say before taking the deposit that it’s not refundable, they’re not at a loss as the market’s rising and it’s not like the restoration had started so I don’t see their issue.

I wouldn’t name and shame in a manner which would leave you open to accusations of petty whinging as FB and forums are full of complaints & regret. However I think stating your view that you’re happy you bought from The Old Colonel rather than X, even if it cost you a lost deposit of £500 would be perfectly fine and possibly more damaging.