Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
The duty cycle in BMWs from the mid ‘00 are very heavy and BMW slowly made the move to AGM batteries in order to find a better way to handle that. The other problem they didn’t solve was the “unfavourable driving profile” rubbish. Irrespective of whether the car has a Lead Acid or Absorbed Glass Mat battery if the car is only driven short journeys there is not of a recovery charge to bring the battery back up to where it was. Over time the battery gets weak as a result.

If you are replacing a like for like battery, i.e. the same Ah rating and AGM for AGM then the battery only needs to be registered.

If you change the Ah rating or move from AGM to Lead Acid them you need to code the CAS (VO Code CAS/LMa and Default code the CAS). This is so the correct charging profile is applied to your new battery.

I hope you are doing we’ll SD_Dracula, I think it was 7-8 years ago since I saw you last? I’m still thinking back to the cruise control on that 1 Series back them, I should have just VO coded in cruise control & default coded it and it would have worked! I was too chicken back then!
That's all pretty straightforward to do on the CarlyApp, right? Might pick your brain later about some coding on the e60