Done the following lately
Fitted the Sony sot amp, nice kick to the sound now, had a problem for the first few days which resulted in a flat battery ,turned out amp was being permanently powered and drained the battery, wiring diagram and multimeter later found an accessory wire which was only powered when stereo on. Works perfect now even without keys in the ignition.
Rigged up a 12" powered fly sub adds a nice punch now but to get full effect I would like to get "more "into the cabin as if I turn sub up too much I end up with rattely boot lid.
Fitted an aux input yolkie from the CD changer in the boot and routed to the glovebox only works from the headphone socket though.
To sum up I have a nice increase in watts, volume and depth but if I am totally honest it's a bit like putting a v8 in a lada,sound quality in oem unit just doesn't compete with branded units no matter how u amp and speaker it. That said I won't resort to using the facia plates that destroy the look of the center dash .I have seen photos where the lower display is kept oem and the stereo is then hidden under the flap a tidy compromise