Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What car do you regret selling??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    What model e39 is it
    Its a 525i with a reasonable spec.

Just have nowhere to store it, nor the few quid it needs to get it back to where it deserves to be - the M135i is making up for the void it is leaving by being parked on my father's driveway!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
    Its a bit unfair on the '90's to blame them entirely for these things.......
    Listen, it was all about Fast and Furious back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I guess for me it would be an Alpina, either of the B7’s. The red B7 car just looked so good but the blue car made up for it with extra power, higher spec & nicer seats. You could see the extra refinement with the S such as the trim over the long range fuel tank.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I guess for me it would be an Alpina, either of the B7’s.
    I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling regrets about either of those too, if it were me.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Contributor
    So I know the title said car but...
    Regrets I have a few:-)
    But all the 4 wheelers pale into insignificance when this girl pass through my mind I started on 2 wheels in 1980 aged 6 and from age 16 on the road
    Bought new in 2001 retired from full time duty in 2007 and parked upstairs in the garage I replaced it with a BMW K1200s and used it a good bit year 1/2 our wee boy was born in December 07 and by 2011 he was watching the racing on tv and his eyes would light up when he would see bikes my gut was telling me I’d been very lucky to get this far in one piece I started on a scrambler and always had a bike about me by 2011 I’d buried a few friends the wee man was watching the MotoGP with me on 23rd October 2011 when Marco Simoncelli tragically lost his life I made a snap decision that day and sold both bikes + a moto crosser and haven’t sat on one since I’m now at stage that I think I’ve enough wit to enjoy a bike without being a lunatic but I’ll likely leave well enough alone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gavin46; 31-03-20 at 08:04.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Obriener2054 View Post
    Was just thinking myself there what Car I shouldn’t have sold...

Sold one of my s2000s a bit early having replaced it with a 520d. Also sold a vvtli celica that I should’ve kept longer

But for me it’s the 323i e36 touring I bought from a member on here, I’m still on the lookout for something very similar

Attachment 8740

I think the hardest car you sell is the one you sell without replacing it with something better
    Funnily enough, the e36 touring was one of the cars I most regret selling, still miss it to this day. Any idea where it ended up?

Major regret selling my E46 M3 also to a member here, so much so I bought it back a year later.

Last edited by Chillipepper; 30-03-20 at 21:02.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru

What car do you regret selling??

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin46 View Post
    So I know the title said car but...
    Regrets I have a few:-)
    But all the 4 wheelers pale into insignificance when this girl pass through my mind I stared on 2 wheels in 1980 aged 6 and from age 16 on the road
    Bought new in 2001 retired from full time duty in 2007 and parked upstairs in the garage I replaced it with a BMW K1200s and used it a good bit year 1/2 our wee boy was born in December 07 and by 2011 he was watching the racing on tv and his eyes would light up when he would see bikes my gut was telling me I’d been very lucky to get this far in one piece I started on a scrambler and always had a bike about me by 2011 I’d buried a few friends the wee man was watching the MotoGP with me on 23rd October 2011 when Marco Simoncelli tragically lost his life I made a snap decision that day and sold both bikes + a moto crosser and haven’t sat on one since I’m now at stage that I think I’ve enough wit to enjoy a bike without being a lunatic but I’ll likely leave well enough alone
    You might be wise enough at 46 but he’s 16 in 3 years. When my 2 are 17 I’ve no problem giving them the keys to the cars but I’d be in fear of letting them on a bike. Purely as I reckon if I ever bought a bike I’d probably be dead by now.

BMWHaus Guru

What car do you regret selling??

The car I regret selling is my 16v MK2 Golf GTi in Oak Green with factory fitted recaros. I had every conceivable issue with it, and once I had completed the work was just fed up and sold it.

Last year (7 years after I sold it) I saw it at a car show and the owner hadn't spent a penny on it

I suppose time will tell if I regret selling the M5, I do get occasional moments of regret but I'm happy to have moved onto the next chapter and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    You might be wise enough at 46 but he’s 16 in 3 years. When my 2 are 17 I’ve no problem giving them the keys to the cars but I’d be in fear of letting them on a bike. Purely as I reckon if I ever bought a bike I’d probably be dead by now.
    I actively struggle with this. I've never crashed a car but I've had three pretty bad bike accidents, none of them my fault but I could have definitely taken steps to avoid them. The final one in 2013 where I swore I would never get on another bike.

2014 I went to Thailand, rented a bike and did 500km of the Hae Hong Son Loop, to finally satisfy that I could satisfy that I was happy to not ride bikes and can could get my kicks from cars.

I had one of the best days biking I've had to this day. There is simply nothing like it.

I decided that I would buy another bike but that I would get a ROSPA Gold, which I did, and that I would buy as modern a bike as I could get with all the modern safety nets. The final caveat was absolutely no sports bikes, naked or sports touring only (there is no skill in straight line speed)

While I wouldn't actively encourage anyone to climb on a bike and go, I would encourage anyone thinking about it to try it, under instruction, do the IBT up to and including a Grade 2 and then do one of the ROSPA accreditation's.

When I started doing the ROSPA training
    I realised how bad a rider I was, it really does give you the tools to mitigate a huge amount of risk.

If you take the appropriate steps you'll become involved in a community where you'll make life long friends and if you tour in a group you'll encounter a sense of comradery that makes all the risks worth while.

Modern tech means you can have up to 8 people attached to the same com link guiding each other through traffic or simply have stupid chats and laughs.

I've done 40k km now since I made the decision to go back to it, I've had a few slips, but nothing that would have killed me if that if things had gone worse.

Yes it is dangerous, but with the right training you can do a lot to reduce that risk. It's not something I think I can stop doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Dave; 30-03-20 at 23:20.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Funnily enough, the e36 touring was one of the cars I most regret selling, still miss it to this day. Any idea where it ended up?
    It’s still on here, Dave aka Curran is selling it!

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    It’s still on here, Dave aka Curran is selling it!

It’s a different avus blue touring.