Quote Originally Posted by Gavin46 View Post
So I know the title said car but...
Regrets I have a few:-)
But all the 4 wheelers pale into insignificance when this girl pass through my mind I stared on 2 wheels in 1980 aged 6 and from age 16 on the road
Bought new in 2001 retired from full time duty in 2007 and parked upstairs in the garage I replaced it with a BMW K1200s and used it a good bit year 1/2 our wee boy was born in December 07 and by 2011 he was watching the racing on tv and his eyes would light up when he would see bikes my gut was telling me I’d been very lucky to get this far in one piece I started on a scrambler and always had a bike about me by 2011 I’d buried a few friends the wee man was watching the MotoGP with me on 23rd October 2011 when Marco Simoncelli tragically lost his life I made a snap decision that day and sold both bikes + a moto crosser and haven’t sat on one since I’m now at stage that I think I’ve enough wit to enjoy a bike without being a lunatic but I’ll likely leave well enough alone
You might be wise enough at 46 but he’s 16 in 3 years. When my 2 are 17 I’ve no problem giving them the keys to the cars but I’d be in fear of letting them on a bike. Purely as I reckon if I ever bought a bike I’d probably be dead by now.