Its all changing.... I read a piece somewhere recently suggesting that the Hoffman kink is dead. I'm nearly old enough to buy a Mercedes, or something else, now.

All joking aside, I'm finding it harder to find a daily driver from BMW that provides something to release some endorphins and provide some driving involvement as time goes by. A few years ago my shopping list would have included rwd, a 6cyl engine - preferably petrol, a manual gearbox & a sunroof. I gave up on the gearbox and ESR a few years back, and in reality have only added some need for a moderate level of CO2 and NOx (still prepared to pay relatively high road tax, but would appreciate if its a bit less than current CC based rogering).

I'm sort of on the prowl now for a replacement for the 530i e60, but its looking more and more like the 6cyl petrol engine is going to be a tough one. Activehybrid 5 looks like the nearest possible fit (or a 530d, but still not overly enamored with stopping at the black pump), but I'm cautious on some of that tech when its 10 years out of the factory. For that reason, I'm also considering going to the opposite extreme with something like an i3, either EV or REX with a view to minimizing spend on the daily and putting the savings in to the weekend toys.

Many current and -1 generation BMW's are losing their appeal to me, for reasons such as design, driver focus, quality, etc, hence why Mrs D's most recent daily has been from VW rather than BMW, for the first time in many years. Maybe I'm just maturing beyond their target demographic......