Thread: E92 M3 or E63 M6

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    is that definite though? If that was the case how come there are post July 2008 cars knocking about on Co2 tax rates?

The lack of details on the vrt calculator (and what I've been told) would lead me to believe that VRT on an M3 would be well saucy. I really don't like the idea of me rocking up and getting hit with a totally unknown tax bill, I'd like to at least have a ball park figure. I haven't heard of anyone importing one this year.

Thanks
    Yes it’s what ever is the cheaper option I had a 2008 525d LCI (3.0) which was registered in January of 2008
    Technically if that was an Irish car the tax would have been €1494 at the time but because it was an import the tax was CO2 based and was €750 as this was the cheaper option it’s what ever benefits the car at the time. One thing the revenue dont screw you on here ��.. and as for vrt on an M3, my mate imported a 2009 E90 M3 in December ‘20 and paid €9500 in January. Had to be presented and assessed first as it was not on the system for quotation.

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/faqs_co2_en.pdf

Here’s a bit about it
    Last edited by Gaz; 06-08-21 at 05:02.