Ciars is the owner and has been renewing the hosting. Site sponsors had funded most of the earlier subs but he definitely paid the last one of his own pocket and if not a few beforehand.

Spam by PM is difficult to control from my perspective. I approve anyone who looks like they are a genuine username / email address....granted I should check more frequently but there usually isnt many new profiles. Anyone can set up a profile and PM without prior approval and this is why the odd one will always creep in!

I discussed recently with Ciars about how to proceed. Personally I prefer the forum over Facebook route but the forum will continue to struggle to bring in new blood given most young folk are using social media type groups and that combined with the fact that a hell of a lot less people becoming of age are into cars than there were when we were in our teens into 20s.

Open to suggestions on how to liven up the place, even if it's just for the people who are active. I feel a planned cars and coffee would get the ball rolling on solidifying the community!