Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M3 Insurance

BMWHaus Guru

RE: M3 Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    Get through to the wrong person at First Ireland and it'll be akin to having a conversation with a deaf monkey. Theres a guy who deals specifically with the classic policies, I dealt with him when getting my site recognised as a car club - can't remember his name, but its on their website. He'll be able to deal with it for you.

Think you need to be 25 or older - can you not remember your own age?
    Any help lads?

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10852

BMWHaus Contributor

Stan I'm 29 and had no issues with First Ireland getting insurance on the M3, I've used them for the Porsche and old M3 also, they are brokers so I've no idea why they would say that before they even try their contacts.

I'd ring again tomorrow, I was dealing with a guy called "Gavin" in relation to the classic car cover which he got through AIG

well, I am 25 in February, so have to wait anyway.

BMWHaus Contributor

I had my M3 insured with Aviva when I was 24. I tried first Ireland a few times but had little luck. I'm 26 now and this year I got through to the right person and have both my 318is and M3 on the one policy for €800 with AIG. It was a Dearbhla Brennan I was dealing with

Quote Originally Posted by EndaC
    I had my M3 insured with Aviva when I was 24. I tried first Ireland a few times but had little luck. I'm 26 now and this year I got through to the right person and have both my 318is and M3 on the one policy for €800 with AIG. It was a Dearbhla Brennan I was dealing with
    How can you have two cars on one policy?

BMWHaus Contributor

They're both on limited milage and I had to be a member of a car club. I still got two insurance certs and two discs with, one for each cars registration number but the actual policy number is the same on both certs. Previously I had two policies and two no claims bonus's so this is a much easier way of doing things