Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super4 sales car winter project

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Super4 sales car winter project

Nice addition Cab. I saw this on Donedeal myself and thought it was the makings of a nice car

BMWHaus Contributor

Looking forward to the developments on this Cab.

Super4 have done some nice work on there own e36 and customers car.

Looks great cab, seems to be in safe hands, nice to get it cleaned!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

So, I decided to do a bit of late evening (although wrapping up now). Gave the engine bay a good cleaning with a detailing brush and some APC, replaced a couple of headlamp bulbs and tail light bulb. New air filter fitted, coolant checked and looks fresh which is nice to see. Had the car running for a good half an hour this evening and no over heating issues or thermostat issues from the looks of things. Tomorrow I shall change the oil and oil filter as these need to be done and put a fuel filter into it also (where time permits). New wipers are also needed but for now it's home time.

Once the service is completed I shall then tackle the exterior and interior to get it looking fresher again, then hopefully next week or week after change the clutch and tackle rear suspension sagging and check over all bushes and joints etc.

Once these jobs are done it shall be booked in for it's NCT followed by a couple of small little treats to make it pop. All going well by the New Year it shall be ready for a new owner to care for it. I really like this color and would go so far as to say that if it were a non sunroof model I thing I may have kept it and swapped everything over from the Avus blue one. Whilst the car is generally in good condition there are a couple of marks on the body work however they are no overly serious and shall be documented as the project moves forward.

SOME PICTURES :

THESE NEED TO GO FOR SURE :

PLUG :

Thanks for looking .

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    Love it! Great colour
    Hi John, love the color too much that's my problem. Not mad on MV2's on a E36 but may do something about that and give next owner the option.

Quote Originally Posted by EndaC
    Nice addition Cab. I saw this on Donedeal myself and thought it was the makings of a nice car
    Hi Enda, so far I am happy with it and hopefully the nasty surprises will stay away otherwise it shall get the chop lol .

Quote Originally Posted by E36Austin
    Looking forward to the developments on this Cab.

Super4 have done some nice work on there own e36 and customers car.
    Thank you Austin much appreciated, whilst I shall be doing this when I can get to it I don't want it to go on forever so hopefully the New Year I shall be happy to let it on to a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by mylese36
    Looks great cab, seems to be in safe hands, nice to get it cleaned!
    Cheers Myles, yes the clean makes such a difference at least then I can see exactly what I am working with in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by indigais
    I like how looks mv2 on e36
    Hi Aivis, I am not sure about the MV2's to be honest, maybe when the back suspension is up a little more just resting on top of the tire they shall look better but I may put on another set and give the new owner an option. Time shall tell .

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Super4
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    LOVE that colour
    Love it too.....that's the problem :smiling:

Quote Originally Posted by E36
    Saw it on dd, has lots of potential
    It sure does, few things here and there but pretty full history and with some tlc it shall be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Very nice, doubt you will have trouble shifting it on when its done, looking forward to any updates
    Hopefully not Chris, and hopefully I don't get too attached to the color!!! As much as I want a daily this can't be it as I would like and E90 saloon or late E46 coupe. :wink:
    best of luck with this. We also have an diesel e90 saloon for sale. Have her posted in the for sale section here.

BMWHaus Contributor

ah yes.. keep me posted sir

BMWHaus Contributor

Blime me, some transformation since I saw it on saturday! Looking forward to the updates Cab

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Nothing major tackled this evening bar swapped out the back springs as these were sagged in a big way with the rear right being the biggest offender. Nigel popped over and we stripped out the very poorly ran wires to the sound system that used to be in the boot. The angel eyes are now back working 100% also as these were not fully lighting due to poor wiring. New Aero wipers were also fitted and claying started to prep for a damn good polish, Wax and seal. Oh and the hideous M3 boot badge was removed also!.

With standard rear springs in it the back now the car is sitting taller on the rear but IMO it makes the MV2's look so much better now. I would like to get the claying finished and oil change done before the weekend where time permits followed by polishing etc. Then it shall be clutch time as the current item is slipping very slightly and high on the pedal.

BOOT LID BEFORE :

BOOTLID AFTER : Much better

ANGEL EYES BACK TO NORMAL :

NEEDS TO GO : 7 down 2 more to remove

DRIVER SIDE CLAYED :

NEW BOOT AND BONNET BADGES NEEDED :

That's it for now .

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Super4 sales car winter project

So with having looked over the car some more I noticed that one of the wheel studs was missing from the front driver side wheel.

What I was not expecting was to find it being used as a sump bung when I went to do an oil change on the car!!!!

So there you have it folks if in need of a sump bung just bang a copper washer on a wheel stud and Bobs your uncle. Luckily the threads between the two are the same, I had a magnetic UUC sump plug on the shelf so this was installed in the wheels studs place.

NEW MEYLE OIL FILTER vs OLD FILTER :

The car was in serious need of an oil change for sure, whilst waiting for the oil to drain I wanted to find out what was draining the battery which looks to be nearly new. I found the glove box door receiver was not being pulled tightly against the glovebox inside light switch so for I have disconnected this and shall address it tomorrow.

With the service now completed it was time to reset the service lights and fill out the service booklet

Super4 BMW
    www.facebook.com/super4bmw