They are fucking retards in government that and a group if bullshitters. They know the public transport system isn't good enough to serve 80-90%of motorists needs so it will just be another increase in revenue for them. If they really wanted to decrease the amount fossil fuels being use they should improve public transport/ cycle lanes etc.

For instance I would have to take a bus and a train to work if I used public transport and leave at least an hour earlier, that option doesn't really cut it but I would love
to cycle to work. Unfortunately there is no safe route to cycle to where I work because cycle lanes or hard shoulders do not exist on a large part of the journey. I genuinely would be afraid of being killed if I cycled the route in busy traffic. I work in large industrial estate where there are hundreds employed and also a residential area. It's basically down to laziness and stupidity that there was no cycle lanes put in when the development was taking place, if this tax is to be brought in then I think there would need to be tax breaks for situations like mine where adequate public transport etc is not provided. It would be the only way to make the tax fair and not another money grabbing excuse.

One way or another the government are just a load of pricks that are drunk at the wheel of the country and havn't a clue if what's going on on the ground.