Thanks for the comments lads, Unfortunatly not much in the way of updates due to bad weather and a combinatation of working hours when the sun does come out.

Today only got the rest of the boot lid finished off and a start on the bonnet, apologies for the size of the pictures and also the quality of some of them, trying to get a hang of photographing swirls, next on my shopping list will be a halogen with stand combo. So ill let the pictures do the talking

A few random swirls:

Before:

After

The light colour is very difficult to capture on camera, as a result the polished bootlid can look both lighter and darker depending on the angle as shown in the following pictures:

But in reality the paintwork does 'pop' more and is a slight shade lighter (but hard to show with the angles of the various panels

Then came the bonnet, one of panels I am willing to spend the most time at to get right due to the large area and therefore easy to spot any imperfections. Time was limited to say the least so got cracking as fast as possible:

Some more swirls:

The swirls were first tackled with a medium foam pad with meguires 205, this did not have enough 'bite' so upped to a heavy pad with chemical guys V32 Compound and felt this has suffecient bite to get through some of the swirls/defects.

Unfortunately the rain began so had to throw in the towel

Time taken - 3hrs (Quick Wash/dry, take apart boot lid, polish rest of boot lid to finish, half bonnet with heavy pad/compound)

Lessons Learned: will be worth buying a halogen lamp/stand to spot swirls (have no garage)
do not cut corners - prime the pad with a wax before first use, i didnt and the polished 'caked' to the paintwork

I will leave ye with 2 of my favorite pic:

Bonnet after compound:

Bootlid after a shower on wednesday morning: