Thread: Bit over the top??!!

Bit over the top??!!

I got a €40 parking fine in the post today from the central fines office, I was fined for parking outside my partners mams house, at 7:45 at night, in a well established housing estate in Clondalkin! I was parked on a grass verge which is quite wide and not obstructing the road or path? Hard to explain but It's right outside their house and have parked there for ages!

I'm just gonna pay it, it's €40 that I'd rather give to charity than to the Guards to fill quota's

I am generally law abiding, well apart from breaking the speed limit every now and again, but this seems ridiculous with all other crimes going on.

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Bit over the top??!!

Agreed seems a bit ott.

I have seen some estates implementing a parking permit system recently, especially those near train stations were there is not enough parking or people want to avoid the fees.

BMWHaus Contributor

Was it for parking on the grass verge?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Sounds like it's because you were on the grass, obstructing the path or not, they can do ya either way.

Wish my estate had a parking ticket system! Pot luck some days if I get to park near the house after work

Sent from my magical talkie device

Bit over the top??!!

Yeah, it actually says obstructing the footpath on it, it's not near a train station or anything, won't park there again lets just say!

BMWHaus Contributor

TBH, this is a pet hate of mine. I see people parking on grass verges all the time, and they don't give a shite about the damage they do to the verge that either the council have to pay up to maintain or fix or the home owner has to come out and try fix it.

People drive onto them in the rain, dig up half the bloody grass and leave mud trails down the road and in fairness it looks crap afterwards.

Sounds like you got an inspector with the same pet hate out for a walk

Bit over the top??!!

Believe it or not it's a pet hate of mine too, there's actually more concrete than grass on the verge, that's the only reason I park there. Been parking there with different cars for 6 years and never a bit of damage done, I pissed someone off enough though!