Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
My missus signed up to this and seems a great deal, but I have heard that O2 are the network Tesco piggyback, and because of the deals Tesco can offer then O2 really slow down the data speeds somehow for Tesco customers as a way to keep their own customer base!

That said, I was seriously thinking of this option too and as far as I know, you can increase the data to 2gb if you go to €8.50, so the price only goes up by €3.50 on top of the deal you get!
Yeah I think with a €20 top-up you can then get a 5GB data add-on for €10. Data for me is really a backup when out and about but I never notice slowness for anything I am doing. My daughter is on 48 who also use O2s network with a similar setup to Tesco and she never complains.

Its also nice that the clubcard holder can allow I think up to 3 family members to take advantage of the deal using their card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
Thats a great deal call and text wise good if your a very light user of internet a new smartphone would chew that up pretty rapidly with a few apps

Do tesco offer 4G now
Don't think they offer 4G yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
Fella I know who would shop around for the best prices is with E mobile and rates it, im out of contract soon so be shopping about myself but 3 or E-mobile seem to be the ones to go for

Have heard horrors with Tesco mobile
Its not hard to find horror stories about 3 or emobile either when reading around or chatting to people. Good news is though with some of the deals being offered you can change as you see the need, whether for a better deal or poor service. Most also offer free sims so you can try before you switch if you like... :-)